“Smile” A Song Dedication to the Flood Victims in Queensland Australia

January 12, 2011 by
Filed under Ian's Blog

As you may be aware, the north east of Australia is being devastated by floods of epic proportions.

This area is close to my heart as I lived and studied there for 4 years as a budding young singer.  My

parents townhouse where I lived, the University where I studied, and the Performing  Arts Complex

where I performed are all likely to be underwater in the next 24 hours.

I am dedicating this song to everyone who has been affected by the disaster.  People have lost their

homes, their businesses and their loved ones.  The state needs all the support they can get with a

damage bill in the billions.  If you can donate some money to the Flood Relief Appeal it will go a

long way to rebuilding peoples lives.  It doesn’t matter if it is one dollar or one hundred dollars, every

bit helps.

As a thankyou for donating your money I am offering  lifetime complimentary access to my

Monthly Masterclass to anyone who donates.  Just let me know and I will send you the link to join.

Thankyou,  Ian

Here is the link to donate:

Comments

8 Responses to ““Smile” A Song Dedication to the Flood Victims in Queensland Australia”
  1. Ted says:

Hello Ian,

This was a very touching song. Well done!

2. Pablo says:

I MADE A DONATION OF 5.00 DOLLARS IN AS YOU ASKED FOR E-MAIL, AND SAID THAT YOU SEND THE LINK AS THANKS FOR DONATION, BUT I’M NOT UNDERSTANDING HOW I prove to you that I MADE A DONATION BECAUSE HAS NO PROOF, I DID NO CREDIT CARD WITH MASTERCARD AND HAVE NO RECEIPT NO, MORE LIKE THAT MUCH TO RECEIVE YOUR LINK TO ATTEND YOUR CLASSES BECAUSE YOU ARE A GREAT TEACHER

3. dave says:

Very nice and thanks! My thoughts with all of you.

4. mamamarg says:

Ian, Thank you for doing this- a very touching song, and beautifully sung.

I am sure that people all over the world have QLD in their thoughts and prayers.

Your word is all the proof I need. I have sent you the link.

Ian :)

6. tandanus says:

Cool Ian, thanks
    You made that your own.
    T.

7. Jun says:

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the nice song. I donated $50 on line. I am looking forward to seeing what’s in your Monthly Masterclass.

Jun

8. Gretchen says:

Ian,
    I was watching you on You Tube. I do not know of this is the place where I ask questions or not. I have been a smoker for 14 years. I am 32. I was in choir for 5 consecutive school years (grades 7-12) and I had a beautiful voice (so people said). Now my voice is airy and choppy and it completely stops making sound if I try to hit a high note or hold a note “too long”.
    I subscribed to the mini course.
    Also, how long is too long to be singing (I like to sing along w/ you tube videos) if my voice does that? Should I stop or keep on?

Thank you for all you are doing for poeple (like me :) )
    Gretchen

Reply from Ian: If your voice is airy and cutting out it means your vocal cords aren’t connecting. I uploaded a video to my youtube channel which will help with this problem. It is in my advanced singing lesson playlist. I suggest about 30 minutes per day of exercises at this stage in your development.