Burn for you: Hear your coach sing an actual song!

July 16, 2010 by
Filed under Ian's Blog

Hey Singers,

It occurred to me today that not many of my subscribers have heard me sing an actual song!  Most people only hear me sing crazy exercises!  I’ve recorded a cover of the song “Burn for you” by John Farnham.  It’s an awesome song inspired by life on the road as a singer and being away from your loved ones.  Hope you enjoy it.

P.s That’s me playing the piano too :)

Comments

10 Responses to “Burn for you: Hear your coach sing an actual song!”
  1. epifanio says:

thanks for the lesson under 3rd week, just got it now. its great but i started feeling the tension at my pharynx as i reach the high notes.it would will take me more weeks perhaps to cope them up.Hehehe…

2. tandanus says:

Sweet !
    T.

3. Denis says:

Some pitch problems here at the ends of phrases; the ‘G’s’ at the end of the first phrase, the ‘F’
    in the 2nd, the G in ‘burn for YOU’ and ‘always a-LONE’ are significantly sharp (under supported/tension?)

4. admin says:

Thanks Denis. That was the first time I’d been able to sing in 7 weeks due to illness and a very persistent cough! Wasn’t 100% confident in what my voice could/ couldn’t do so that’s the reason for the pitch problems. Was excited that I could actually sing again without a coughing fit! I thought it wasn’t too bad for one take after a 7 week forced break ;)

I’ll have a listen to the phrases/notes in question and fix them up.

5. Brigitte says:

You should post a song per week!

6. hassan says:

Hi Dear Aussie
    What Is The Solution For Nasal Voice? Could You Help Me Please.
    Best Regards

Thanks Bridgitte! I will try and upload a few more covers!

Hi Hassan,

Nasality can be good for your singing as it will help you sing in mixed and head voice easier.
    If you feel you are too nasal try opening (dropping your jaw) your mouth slightly more. This
    will open up your throat and allow more sound to resonate in your throat and mouth.

9. Ian I think you are just fantastic! Love the “Burn for you” track and it is a beautiful song.
    Great site and great voice tips! You also come across humble where many others don’t so thankyou! Do you prefer classical/opera singing or contemporary singing when you perform? I have seen that are you doing both in your vids which is fab.
    Simone Waddell

10. David R. Henry says:

Ian,
    That was really nice. Anyone who does not know voice would not see any problem with this. :)