Vocal Tune Up Video

• Tone Development
  • Resonance Exercises
  • Flexibility Exercises
  • Range Extension
  • Tips and Tricks

Access 5 FREE Video Lessons HERE

Comments

8 Responses to “Vocal Tune Up Video”
  1. Nicklas says:

Hey Ian, great video your an amazing teacher! I really appreciate all the videos and help.
    I did have a couple question for you too, I was wondering do you have sheet music to what you playing so I can do it on my piano without being on my computer? and are you going to put a .mp3 of those two exercises up to download? and my last question is more of a health one, what would be a good diet/nutrition routine that would keep my body at its best so I can sing with full potential? such as foods that I eat and beverages that I drink.

Thanks again Ian, I can’t say how much I really appreciate your teaching and kindness. :)

2. admin says:

Hey Nicklas!

I don’t have the sheet music for all of the exercises that I teach. As I have been playing piano all my life I have never needed to notate the music. I do have something planned that will incorporate sheet music though. I don’t want to give too much away yet but it will involve a 50 page ebook, MP3 and Video exercises as well as notation for those who read music. Basically I am putting together a course for beginner singers which will be available to my subscribers.

Which 2 exercises do you mean? The ones from my latest video? If so that is next on my agenda!

As for your last question….it’s like you are reading my mind! That is going to be the topic of an upcoming video and article! Check out my article on Vocal Heath as it has some suggestions for you.

I really appreciate the feedback Nicklas.

3. Nicklas says:

Thank you Ian for the great response, I have been playing piano for a bit now and I can pick up on most of the vocal warm-ups but some of them are hard to pick up just by sound and I don’t see that well at all so I have to mainly rely on that, lol witch is a plus in music, but can be a disadvantage sometimes.
    Wow that will be great and its amazing that you are willing to do that I can’t wait for it, I know with you knowledge and ability you have it will be amazing :)
    As for the mp3′s I was referring to rift and run video so thank you also for that can’t wait for them!

I’ll be sure to check out that article and looking forward to the lesson on that.

I can’t say thank you enough for all the help you videos have given me, I am truly greatful for your time and attitude for teaching others :)

4. Nathaniel Newman says:

Ian,

I must say this video has changed my life. It’s improved my vocals 10 folds! I can sing with good tone (most of the time ;) ) and power. Just recently also am getting Vibrato. (without really trying). You are a great person and I’m very honored that you put these great videos up for free! I really look forward to each video and topic you post.

Best Wishes,
    Nathaniel Newman

5. admin says:

Hi Nathaniel!

I am so happy that I have been able to make an impact in your singing. Thankyou for posting your kind words!

6. Cindy says:

Hi Ian. I’m doing your premium course (Great course I recommend it to anyone interested in singing.) I am having trouble lowering the larynx, I’ve been trying to do the exercises whilst attempting to lower the larynx and found it keeps rising especially when singing higher notes I have also found my throat gets a liite sore after. Does this mean I’m singing incorrectly?

Hi Cindy. Your larynx can be a major problem (I know it was for me) when it raises and the fact that you have mentioned your voice is sore after singing high notes confirms that it is the cause. Singing should never be painful. The pain you are feeling is caused by the muscles which control your larynx. They are straining to maintain a “low note” vocal cord postion as you sing higher. Try dropping your jaw lower than normal when you sing. Also try starting on a high note and working down, rather than working “up” to them. Don’t sing to loud, just nice and relaxed.

8. Cindy says: