Quick Vocal Warm Up

October 14, 2009 by
Filed under Premium Videos

Due to popular demand I have recorded a quick vocal warm up for my subscribers!

Enjoy!

Comments

17 Responses to “Quick Vocal Warm Up”
  1. swarnausha says:

hello I found the exercises very helpful. I am from India Pondicherry,
    and as I dnt have a vocal teacher now, I am really grateful to u.

I have learnt these exercises so they were really easy to follow, and thank u again.

2. David Tancon says:

This is my favorite of all your video’s I do this warm up before ever practice, and gig. I also do your warm up for high tones as well as I have a high male register and need to exercise it. Sometimes when i’m very relaxed I’ll do this one twice but start an octave higher on my second play through to really open up my high range.

That’s great David! Thanks for commenting :)

4. Khanh says:

Hi coach,
    Thanks for giving me such a great video. I’ve been practicing everyday, but I don’t know how long I should do the warm-ups and practices a day. Yesterday, I was a little bit hyper, so I did the exercises 3 times in a row, and I found that my voice was not clean and my air flowing was weak. Is it because I didn’t do the exercises evenly or because I did it too much?

Hi Khanh,

As a beginner singer 30 minutes is about the maximum time you should sing for. It is possible you may have “over done it” so perhaps stick to one or two routines per day until you build up some endurance.

Ian :)

6. Ted says:

Thanks you Ian! I’ve been consistanly doing the vocal excercises in the morning before work, and when I get home in the evening before I start fiddling around with my instrument. I almost can’t believe the difference in my voice. Simply playing through songs has never given me what I’ve gained with you here in the last 3 weeks! The change is so drastic that it has been a factor in staying motivated and continue with the excercises! The huge advantage that I’ve realized is “Structure” which I am now using to gauge my progress. In the past couple of weeks I’ve learned more about vocals than I had in 20 years! It took me a while but I am confident I am on the right path thanks to you Ian!

Hi Ted,

That’s great news! It really makes my day when I hear the success and drastic improvement of my students. It’s what drives me to give more. Thanks for letting me know.

Ian :)

8. Ted says:

Hello Ian,

The MP3′s that were accessable from the menu are no longer there! I can’t find them can you please send me a link to the correct page! I’d really appreciate it. I was able to find it yesterday and I’m pretty sure they are on here somewhere ,but I can’t find them. Sorry for the trouble.

9. el says:

hey ian this video’s very helpful,
    but if a warmup should be about 15mins…do i just repeat ?

Hi el,

Yep that’s it. Just repeat until you are warm!

Ian :)

11. Matt says:

Hi Ian,

I really appreciate all your videos, they helped soooo much, I cant thank you enough!!! I was wondering though, say you practice for about a half hour a day, would you do a warm up then go on to practice technique(ex Flexibility)and practice that technique everyday until you really master it then move on to something else like Mix or head voice?

Thanks!

Hey Matt,

When you are just starting out that’s a good plan, in fact in my 8 week course that is exactly how I structure the lessons. Start with a quick and simple warm up everyday, then a 30 minute practice session on one of the 8 modules and when you have grasped each technique mould the exercises into a single vocal training regime.

13. David says:

Hi Ian I found this warm up very helpful. Before this I had to look through my mp3 downloads and look for a warm up. Thanks this was very helpful.

14. Ted says:

YOU ROCK IAN!

15. Danny Owens says:

Hey Ian! I’ve been following your lessons and whatnot for a while. Thank you so much. I always see improvement when I follow your instructions. I’m sure at one point in your singing career you have been frustrated. I’m very frustrated. I have been practising for quite a long time now, I’ve got some experience. Plain and flat, I seek to extend my range. I have tried everything. Is there a set of exercises you can advise that would guarantee that, as long as I’m doing it correctly?
    Thanks a lot man.

16. don says:

Very helpful. I feel a lot better and confident when performing my part as a back-up vocals for the worship team after I followed all your free instruction video.

17. Nico says:

Hallo and Thank you for the great work you put on this site. I am a vocal teacher for the past 5 years. I use some of your video clips as part of my workshop to show students how easy it really can be to sing but with dedication and commitment they can reach teir goals.

Your work has inspired me greatly and I now follow some of your vocal warmups to teach to my students and could even see some changes in my own voice.

I just would like to motivat others to give it a shot, and let their be no limits in what you can do. Believe in yourself and practise with great dedication and you will reap the benefits.

NicoG