How To Sing: Develop Your Mixed Voice

August 21, 2009 by
Filed under Premium Videos

In this quick singing lesson you will learn what your

mixed voice is and how to develop it.

Enjoy!

Develop your mixed voice further in my FREE MINI COURSE

Comments

11 Responses to “How To Sing: Develop Your Mixed Voice”
  1. I’ve been told i have a good voice but when i listen back it sounds terrible. I would like to find voice coach who knows what they’re doing and has the backbone to tell the truth. If you’re that coach please contact me. Thanks… Trish

2. admin says:

Hi Trish. I am happy to give you my opinion. Feel free to send me a link of your singing. Ian

3. Ja says:

If I practice this exercise everyday for one week, will I be able to sing in Mixed voice?

4. admin says:

It depends. Not everyone will progess in the same amount of time as everyone has a unique voice. I’m sure you can experience singing with mixed voice within a week however it takes longer to allow it to happen automatically.

5. talkshowchic says:

love it
    love it
    love it

6. Ruth says:

Hi, I have a singing contest in 2 months and I an singing a sing where I have to hit a very high note but in my mixed voice. If i practice this excersise every day, how long will it take me to get into the mix, if you want to check out the song, it’s called “who’s lovin you” by Michael Jackson
    thank you!!

7. admin says:

Hi Ruth,

Have you subscribed to my 8 week course? In lesson three I give you a 30 minute lesson on how to sing in mixed voice and you will get a great demonstration by one of my female students who is able to sing very high in her mix. I know that will help you immensly.

8. michael says:

Hi Ian when i do this mum exercise my voice goes all squeaky and it cracks and it goes like breathy as.. i really wan’t to find my mix voice in about 4-8 weeks (2 months) but my voice just does that i don’t know why? and my voice is still going through changes at the moment will i still be able to do this exercise? I’m really worried because i badly want to do this exercise and i wan’t to experience my mixed voice within a week is that possible? if it is could you tell me how thanks!

Hi Michael,

Sorry for my late reply. I have been on holidays.
    The best and most effective way to experience mixed voice is to use the NG exercise. I have quite a few videos on mixed voice. I will copy some links for you:

I hope that helps,

10. hunter says:

hey i have a quiston i think i found my mixed voice its very high pitched though i will put it up in to days for u to help me find my mixed voice for singing i realy need ur help ausssi to destigish my chest voice to mixed and to head voce and iv been using all your vocal exsersis thats how i found my mixed voice well if u can help me that will be greatthanku from hunter mackinnnon

11. hunter says:

hey aussi i need ur help ihave a recording of me singing in mychest voice and in my really high voice witch i think is my mixed voice i dont know though can u help me out please when i sing the high part my vocals are freed ican sing higher but it has no tone to it and no sound canu help mei have some one that willsing meto a recourd lableif i can get in to mymixed voiceplease help i will put in up to morrow for u please tell me if it ismemixed voce and can u gve me some exsersis from develop ur mixed voice from brent meaning please realy nee ur help so i will put up me sing and please let me knowif the high part of my voice is actualy my mixed voce thank u so much my email is hunter_mackinnon@hotmail.com cant wait to hear from u thanks so much from hunter mackinnon