How To Sing: Develop Your Chest Voice

August 21, 2009 by
Filed under Premium Videos

In this quick video lesson you will learn what your

chest voice is and how to develop it.

Enjoy!

Learn more about your chest voice in the FREE Mini Course

Comments

6 Responses to “How To Sing: Develop Your Chest Voice”
  1. Rafael says:

Hey Coach!
    I keep getting out of tune with my chest
    voice and low tones, do you think is because
    my breathing technic is poor or why else do you
    think it happends according to your experience?
    Do you think the chest voice exercise could cure
    this terrible problem? How often should I chest
    voice exercise? And for how long? Thanks Coach!!!

Hey Rafael,
    I find that the extreme low notes in chest voice can get out of tune if you try and sing them too loud. Airflow could be a problem too. See what happens if you make your lower notes a bit “breathier”. You may have a bit too much cord compression which could affect your pitch.

I recommend doing a chest exercise as part of your daily warm up. 5 minutes should do the trick.

3. Aaron says:

Hey Aussie,

when every i sing i hit the notes but my voice tends to crack often so im wondering why is that and what excercises can i do to fix this problem so i can gain control over my voice? thanks

Hey Aaron,

Are you enrolled in my course? That’s the topic for week 5. To get you started in the right direction check out this article:

I demonstrate the exercises in the course so check that out too.

5. AaronSulton says:

thanks Ian! ive noticed a difference the first time i did the exercise this is very effective. i have another question are there any free voice lessons after the 8 week course i havent signed up yet but i was jus wondering and is the course going to be videos or mp3 or what? thanks!

Aaron

6. admin says:

Hey Aaron,

The 8 week course consists of video and downloadable mp3′s. You get about 30 minutes of video content each week for 8 weeks including demonstration lessons from 2 of my students and a piano accompaniment lesson with myself which you can download as an mp3. I will always add new free lessons to the website and especially the 8 week course. At some stage I might add a paid membership area for singers wanting to take it further but for most singers the 8 week course will be very sufficient for their needs.